Naples Florida is well into a culinary renaissance and their food scene has really evolved. Midwestern US fare and Italian once was ...
8 Great Sights of New Orleans
Today is Mardi Gras! Nothing signifies Mardi Gras more in the United States than New Orleans.
Here are 8 great sights of New Orleans, from this past September.
1. If you arrive by airplane, you will be greeted in the small New Orleans airport terminal by a Louis Armstrong statue and this gorgeous mural.
2. One way to get around New Orleans is the efficient trolley. Notice that it is clean, empty (probably not on Mardi Gras!), and frequent (two oncoming cars).
3. New Orleans pride is everywhere. Who Dat gonna beat dem Saints? umm, maybe next year.
4. New Orleans style is also prevalent. How about this for your next Christmas tree?
5. This is one of the three possible burial locations of Marie Laveau, the voodoo queen. The 3 x’s indicate someone has placed an offering and requested something (usually a love spell). The 3 x’s are circled when the request is granted.
6. Celebrity sighting! This burial site is owned by Nicholas Cage.
7. New Orleans has the oldest cathedral in North America. Today=party, Tomorrow=Cathedral.