It was not hard to find fun reasons to drive the Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible. After working with DriveShop to ...
Yesterday, I listed a few of my favorite beaches. It is nearing Memorial Day (last Monday in May) here in the United States, which marks the unofficial start of summer and beach season.
Here are some other beautiful beaches in the United States (including Hawaii today) that I have been to only once or twice. Perhaps you have been to them and can tell me what I am missing.
- Cannon Beach, Oregon. I visited Cannon Beach one time during an incredible sand sculpture contest. I was blown away by the artistry, creativity, and beauty. Later, we rode beach cycles on the vast, wide hard sand.
- Anna Maria Island, Florida. Last year, I stumbled upon Anna Maria Island on a road trip visiting Old Florida locations. I went to the northern end of the island and found the softest, whitest sand in America.
- Kaihalulu Red Sand beach, Maui, Hawaii. Reached by a relatively treacherous trail off of the Hana Highway, the red sand beach is magnificent. Many years earlier I visited the black sand beach on the big island.
- Seapoint Beach, Kittery, Maine. This is just simply the most recent beach I visited in Maine. I would gladly return to visit the fun of Old Orchard Beach, the gorgeous scenery of Acadia or the Harbors (Boothbay Harbor and Bar Harbor), or any of Maine’s beaches.
- Padre Island, Texas. Many years back, I visited the Corpus Christi area took a quick trip to the Padre Island National Seashore. I want to go back and drive the 60 mile primitive beach area (4 wheel drive only). Now that I have a cousin living in Port Aransas, I should do it!
Have you been to any of these beaches? Should I go back? What beach do you want to re-visit?