Charlottesville Virginia is one of the most historic areas of the United States, home to three of the first five ...
It takes the brain 20 minutes to receive signals from the stomach.
When we eat too fast, we eat too much.
Here are some Road Trip Diet tricks to help you slow down and eat less:
- Eat an apple or some baby carrots before ordering food. I often nibble on produce while driving.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drink extra water before ordering.
- Order soup, a salad, or a healthy small starter dish to satisfy immediate hunger.
- Eat with friends. Share road trip experiences or ask locals about what to do. If you are more introverted (like me!) then bring a book, map, or SmartPhone.
- Eat like a French woman. They don’t get fat.
- Eat after exercising. After long drives, I tend to crave treats. After a long hike or bike ride, I want to refuel.
Any other tricks that you use?
Do you find that you eat less when you eat slower?
If you are a dietician, frequent or infrequent traveler, or someone who wants to contribute to this ongoing series, you can email me at [email protected] or leave a comment.