To create a world of happier travelers. — Charles McCool’s mission
Have you ever:
- experienced frustration or anxiety about planning a vacation?
- been mad after learning someone paid less for the same flight/hotel/cruise than you?
- wanted a vacation to end, because, honestly, going back to work was less stressful than taking a trip?
I have been there and I understand you—all of the above and countless other travel problems and issues. One day I realized—heck I love travel and am really good at travel planning. People ask me to plan their trips and I actually crave finding travel problems.
OK, there really was not a single defining one day when this happened. It has been an evolution and will continue to be so. I am still a student of the travel world and constantly learn new things, on each and every trip. In fact, in every class I teach and in every seminar or talk I give, I learn something from the attendees. And I love that!
Rather, I have been travel hacking and sharing my knowledge and advice with people like you since 1990 (yikes, but true). I learned essential travel skills BEFORE the internet as we now know it come into being. Side note, I have been using the internet since 1978 but that is another story—ask me about it if you dare!
I love helping people travel better. Whether you want to learn how to save money, time, and stress on EVERY trip or just want to find a deal on your next trip, follow me, read my articles (how-to travel tips and destination inspiration), ask me questions.
And above all, travel happy and be a happy traveler.
About Charles McCool
For over thirty years, I have created Happy Travelers through my articles, book, classes, and talks. My travels have taken me to all 50 states in the USA, to several dozen countries, and to five continents. In fact, I once traveled to four continents without paying a dime—read about it in 4 Continent Free Flight Adventure. In December 2013, I appeared in the World’s Smartest Traveler series.
I have planned thousands of trips, for myself, family, friends, clients, and people just like you. Complex and creative trip itineraries are my favorite.
For expert travel tips and destination advice, follow Charles McCool on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Flipboard, Medium, and LinkedIn.
Achievements and Impact
#1 on Top 1000+ Travel Blogs (Rise Market Insight)
#1 on 5 Terrific Travel Bloggers You Should Follow (Flipboard)
#2 Travel Expert in the World (Klout)
#6 on Top U.S. Travel Bloggers on Twitter (Cision)
Top 20 Boomer Travel Bloggers list (TripAdvisor)
USA Today 10Best expert for Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia
Speaker at TBEX Billings, TBEX Ireland, Frequent Traveler University, and NY Trav Fest
Author of Winning the Airfare Game: Save Money and Stress on Every Flight
See a list of Charles McCool news and articles
About McCool Travel
Charles McCool shows travelers how to increase travel happiness and reduce stress on every trip. Through McCool Travel, he works with destinations and brands to promote fun and unique travel experiences to highly engaged audiences. McCool Travel reaches active and passionate travelers throughout the world.
At McCool Travel, Charles McCool shares insider tips and hidden destination information in the 8 Great article series. I have profiled interviewed over 175 travel experts in my 5 Minutes interview series—from author Paul Theroux to Travel Channel host Samantha Brown to extreme sports superstar Travis Pastrana—and love sharing their travel tips for saving money and having fun.
Work With McCool Travel
To arrange Charles McCool as a speaker for your group, propose a press/FAM trip, present your service or product for review, or arrange a custom travel seminar, please Contact McCool Travel.
Connect with McCool Travel on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Here are some friends of McCool Travel.
- “Charles is a great travel and tourism social media influencer and writer with impressive reach and great insight on how to tell a great story. — Barbara Golden, Florida’s Historic Coast
- “You’ve captured the essence of what makes a road trip so appealing.” — Kristin Henning, TravelPast50.com
- “At JJJ you were totally awesome! I was ready to flip my laptop on and start trying all your travel tips ASAP. It was seriously an eye opening workshop!” — Sandra Dempsey
- “You’re able to convey what you know about air travel in a way that keeps your audience rapt and wanting more.” — Barbara LaRock
- “I learned more in this seminar than I had as a travel agent for 30 years.” — Do-it-Yourself Trip Planning seminar attendee
- “The reference librarian in my home town just finished reading your book and said it was just what I needed, and she was right! Your informative book is a treasure trove.” — Winning the Airfare Game reader