Clark Little

8 Great Captivating Travel Instagrammers to Follow

A picture is worth 1,000 words, they say. Well, I think great pictures are worth much more. Great pictures inspire, motivate, and make me dream.

Here are some drool-worthy travel Instagram accounts I follow (and some suggestions). Besides just listing a few accounts, I will describe why they inspire me.

8 Great Captivating Travel Instagrammers to Follow

1. Ft. Lauderdale Sun. I do not specifically wake up every morning to see what Andy Royston of Ft. Lauderdale Sun has posted. Without fail, though, his photos grace my Instagram feed and catch my eye. It actually is a great way to start my day. I might be hooked.

Ft Lauderdale Sun, Andy Royston

Ft Lauderdale Sun, Andy Royston

2. Visit Virginia. Since I live in Virginia, I must give a shout out to Visit Virginia. Not only are their Instagram photos inspiring and amazing but they often re-post shots from other people. That gives me more people to follow and more Virginia eye candy to behold.

Visit Virginia

Visit Virginia

3. Clark Little. Simply and utterly magnificent. I am in awe of every Clark Little photo.

Clark Little

Clark Little

Clark Little

Clark Little

4. Kara Franker. Heading back to South Florida, the Instagram feed of Kara Franker always captivates me. Kara has an interesting background as a recovering lawyer and ex-NFL cheerleader but her pictures are fun, lively, and oh so colorful.

Kara Franker

Kara Franker

5. Stay Salty Florida. I recently discovered Stay Salty Florida and their feed is my latest inspiration. Every picture is drool worthy and makes me want to get on a plane to Florida.

Stay Salty Florida

Stay Salty Florida

I reached out on LinkedIn, asking for some Instagrammers to follow. These are among the suggestions I received.

6. Chris Burkard. Well, Chris Burkard really was not on my radar until I heard his name at the recent TBEX conference. Then he was suggested by Andrew Hickey and I had to check his Instagram feed. Wow, his photos are captivating, amazing, and compelling.

Chris Burkard

Chris Burkard

7. Christine Amorose. C’est Christine was suggested by Kelsey Ohleger, who said, “She shows a great lifestyle mix of food, fashion, scenery and travel. She is a good example of a former expat turned settled nine-to-fiver that still manages to make travel a priority. And when not traveling, she finds adventure in everyday life in NYC. She’s a continuous inspiration for me.

C'est Christine

C’est Christine, Christine Amorose

8. Kristen Kellogg. Border Free Travels (Kristen Kellogg) was suggested by Jessica van Dop DeJesus. Kristen’s Instagram feed has a nice mix of landscape, seascape, and videos from around the world. I am particularly impressed with some of her food pictures, which seem to be most difficult to capture.

Border Free Travels, Kristen Kellogg

Border Free Travels, Kristen Kellogg

Do you have suggestions of Instagrammers to follow?

Follow McCool Travel on FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUpon, and LinkedIn.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

This blog has been verified by Rise: R7dbb625578497f8585bc9f88cdda6508

45 Responses to “8 Great Captivating Travel Instagrammers to Follow”

1. Winederlusting November 15, 2015 at 7:17 pm #

What a great concept! Clark Little and Stay Salty Florida are exactly the types of accounts I appreciate. Consider taking a look at @Winederlust when ya can =). Great post and even better pictures from all!! Cheers!

• McCool Travel November 16, 2015 at 8:14 pm #

Wine and wanderlust, I see where you went with that. I will definitely check it out. Thank you.

2. Ursula Maxwell-Lewis (@YouTravel) November 15, 2015 at 2:32 am #

Good recommendations. Thank you! 🙂

3. fittwotravel November 14, 2015 at 9:54 pm #

All great instagrammers! A couple that we aren’t following yet so glad we found them! There is so much beauty in nature!

4. Justin Miller November 14, 2015 at 8:16 pm #

Interesting choice of instagramers. Some pretty big accounts!

• McCool Travel November 15, 2015 at 9:38 am #

You are right, Justin. I was thinking earlier this morning of doing a similar post of IGers with under 1,000 followers. Who would you suggest?

5. Maya November 14, 2015 at 4:16 pm #

Beautiful accounts. Chris Burkhard is a legend, his photos are incredible. One of my favourites are @theexpeditioners more are on the blog if you are looking for inspiration 😉

• McCool Travel November 29, 2015 at 8:51 am #

Thank you, Maya, for the note and suggestion!

6. Toni | 2 Aussie Travellers November 13, 2015 at 10:40 pm #

Some great instagrammers, I hadn’t found Chris Burkard but his feed is so beautiful

• McCool Travel November 14, 2015 at 11:24 am #

Thank you, Toni. Do you have a favorite IGer?

7. carolcolborn November 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

Excellent choices! How about your Instagram account? I bet your pictures are also great if these are the kinds of sites you follow!

• McCool Travel November 11, 2015 at 9:57 pm #

Nice sentiment but these selections are in a different league. Thank you, though.

8. Julie @ FuninFairfaxVA November 11, 2015 at 6:50 am #

Excellent list and such gorgeous photos! I highly recommend Miliman12 for his beautiful Virginia scenes. (

• McCool Travel November 11, 2015 at 8:20 am #

I know! I am tempted to do a list of 8 great IGers from Virginia. Who else?

9. Rachel Heller November 11, 2015 at 3:05 am #

I’m just beginning to explore Instagram. Thanks for the list!

10. travelnwrite November 11, 2015 at 12:17 am #

I usually cringe when I see a post that begins with “the best, or the top or the most interesting (fill in the blank: blog, tweet IG)” because I think of the bazillion others out there who are equally interesting or creative who never get a mention. In this case, I have to agree that your choices are all wonderful examples of photographic excellence – thanks for sharing.

11. Carole Terwilliger Meyers November 10, 2015 at 6:30 pm #

These people all look good to follow on Instagram, but I pick Clark Little.

• McCool Travel November 11, 2015 at 8:19 am #

Clark Little’s photographs are shockingly amazing and mindblowing.

12. Marilyn Jones November 10, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

I’ll be adding these photography masters to my Instagram feed…Brilliant!!

13. suereddel November 10, 2015 at 1:04 pm #

Nice list, couple folks we hadn’t been following. Love looking at all those inspirational photos. Thanks!

• McCool Travel November 10, 2015 at 1:56 pm #

So many others, of course, but I wanted to provide a starter list of awesomeness.

14. pmaghamfar November 10, 2015 at 1:03 pm #

These are some amazing shots, really love the curl of the wave, thanks for sharing these. And thanks so much for stopping by over at One Road at a Time! Nice to meet you!

15. Paula McInerney November 10, 2015 at 1:01 pm #

Thanks for introducing me to some amazing instagrammers

• McCool Travel November 10, 2015 at 1:57 pm #

Thank you for checking in. Who is your favorite account on IG?

16. Yvonne Jasinski November 10, 2015 at 12:28 pm #

Thank you for suggestion. Just followed all of them.

17. Yvonne Jasinski November 10, 2015 at 12:04 pm #

Nice, but you missed one! 🙂

• McCool Travel November 10, 2015 at 12:23 pm #

Oh, dang, I knew I forgot someone. 😀

• Yvonne Jasinski November 10, 2015 at 9:28 pm #

Please take a look anyway. All pictures are mine. You will be inspired to visit these places.

• McCool Travel November 11, 2015 at 8:19 am #

I shall. Thank you.

18. Nat and Tim November 10, 2015 at 11:48 am #

I really like @gregvancouver

19. Christine Amorose (@cestchristine) November 10, 2015 at 11:29 am #

Oh yay! This was such a pleasant surprise, thanks so much for including me! And to Kelsey for recommending me 🙂

• McCool Travel November 10, 2015 at 12:25 pm #

You are welcome. Nice to learn about new inspiring travelers.

20. Kristen Kellogg November 10, 2015 at 10:29 am #

Thanks so much for featuring me and Border Free Travels! Pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning.

• McCool Travel November 10, 2015 at 12:24 pm #

My pleasure. You were recommended by Dining Traveler and definitely worthy of inclusion.

21. Michele Peterson (A Taste for Travel) November 10, 2015 at 9:48 am #

I’ve travelled with Kristen Kellogg and am a big fan of her @Borderfreetravels feed and website. I’ll definitely check out the rest of your picks!

1. 3 Reasons to Read Condé Nast Traveler Magazine this Month - Kara on the Coast - November 12, 2015

[…] 8 Great Captivating Travel Instagrammers to Follow by Charles McCool (thanks for including me!) […]

Tell me what you are thinking ...

%d bloggers like this: