These useful US Gulf Coast resources help visitors, travelers, locals, and residents track updates from government and tourism websites. Please follow the links for information on closures (and openings), online resources, and special offers.
Guidelines and closures can quickly change so check local destination websites for the latest updates before visiting. We will do our best to update this US Gulf Coast resource list as information is received. See our main US Gulf Coast Travel page for advice of what to do, where to stay, and places to eat. And our guide to favorite Gulf Coast sunset spots.
Please note that this is a collection of public websites managed by other organizations. We cannot guarantee that these websites are updated or complete.
Useful US Gulf Coast Travel Resources
Visit these official US Gulf Coast tourism websites for information about updates and closures. Please note that some of the very small county/parish websites may not have updated and you should instead visit the official county government website.
Visit the state tourism website, DOT for traffic condition and toll road information, and beaches website for water quality and closures.
What is the US Gulf Coast?
The US Gulf Coast is the area of the United States along the Gulf of Mexico, stretching about 1,900 miles from Key West Florida to South Padre Island Texas. The US Gulf Coast includes hundreds of fascinating, quirky, and fun beachfront communities in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. Some important US Gulf Coast cities are Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, St Petersburg, Mobile Alabama, Pensacola, and Gulfport Mississippi.
Texas Gulf Coast Resources
See our Texas Gulf Coast articles.
Official Texas Gulf Coast Tourism Websites
- Visit Brownsville
- Visit Harlingen
- South Padre Island CVB
- Padre Island National Seashore (US National Park Service website)
- Visit Corpus Christi
- Galveston Island CVB
- Visit Houston Texas
- Beaumont CVB
- Travel Texas Gulf Coast
Other Texas Travel Resources
- State tourism website: Travel Texas
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Beach Watch
- Texas Government website
Louisiana Gulf Coast Resources
See our Louisiana Gulf Coast articles.
Official Louisiana Gulf Coast Tourism Websites
- Visit Lake Charles
- Jeff Davis Parish Tourism Commission
- Acadia Parish Tourism
- Vermilion Parish Tourism Commission
- Lafayette Travel
- Iberia Parish CVB
- Cajun Coast VCB
- Houma Travel: Louisiana’s Bayou Country (Terrebone Parish)
- Lafourche Parish: Louisiana’s Cajun Bayou
- Louisiana Northshore: St. Tammany Parish Tourist Commission
- New Orleans Plantation Country
- Visit Jefferson Parish
- Visit New Orleans
- St Bernard Parish Tourist Commission (website broken)
- Plaquemines Parish
- Grand Isle Tourism
- Visit Louisiana Coast (website broken)
Other Louisiana Travel Resources
- State tourism website: Louisiana Travel
- Louisiana Department of Transportation
- Louisiana Beach Monitoring Program
- Louisiana Government website
Mississippi Gulf Coast Resources
See our Coastal Mississippi articles.
Official Mississippi Gulf Coast Tourism Websites
Other Mississippi Travel Resources
- State tourism website, Visit Mississippi
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Mississippi Beach Monitoring Program
- Mississippi Government website
Alabama Gulf Coast Resources
See our Alabama Gulf Coast articles.
Alabama Gulf Coast Tourism Websites
Other Alabama Travel Websites
- State tourism website: Sweet Home Alabama
- Alabama Department of Transportation
- Alabama Beach Monitoring Program
- Alabama Government website
Florida Gulf Coast Resources
See our Florida Gulf Coast articles.
Florida Gulf Coast Tourism Websites
- Visit Pensacola: Escambia County
- Gulf Islands National Seashore (US National Park Service website)
- Navarre Beach: Santa Rosa County
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach
- Visit South Walton
- Visit Panama City Beach
- Gulf County Florida
- Florida’s Forgotten Coast: Franklin County
- Visit Wakulla County
- Visit Jefferson County
- Taylor County
- Visit Dixie County
- Florida’s Nature Coast: Levy County
- Discover Crystal River: Citrus County
- Visit Hernando County
- Florida’s Sports Coast: Pasco County
- Visit St Pete/Clearwater: Pinellas County
- Visit Tampa Bay: Hillsborough County
- Bradenton Gulf Islands CVB: Manatee County
- Visit Sarasota
- Pure Florida: Charlotte County
- Beaches of Ft Myers and Sanibel: Lee County
- Paradise Coast: Collier County
- The Florida Keys and Key West: Monroe County
Other Florida Travel Resources
- State tourism website: Visit Florida
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Florida Healthy Beaches
- FAQ on Travel During Hurricane Season
- Florida Government website
Please let us know if you see any outdated or missing US Gulf Coast travel resource information.