Biloxi Mississippi is one of our favorite Coastal Mississippi towns and was formerly called the “Seafood Capital of the World.” In addition to savoring sensational seafood, things to do in Biloxi Mississippi include countless beach and coastal activities, visiting the famous Biloxi casinos, seeing spectacular sunsets, and so much more.
Gulfport-Biloxi Airport is the closest airport to Biloxi. New Orleans is a 90-minute drive from Biloxi and Mobile is about an hour away.
25 Fun Things to Do in Biloxi Mississippi
1. Visit beautiful Biloxi beach, one of the most gorgeous stretches of US Gulf Coast beaches. The sections between Biloxi Lighthouse to across from White Pillars restaurant and across from the convention center to Gulfport are favorite areas.
2. Climb Biloxi Lighthouse—which is unique for being located in the middle of a highway. As a cast iron structure, Biloxi Lighthouse gets very hot as the day progresses so climbs are only between 9 and 9:30 in the morning. Register for the lighthouse climb at Biloxi Visitors Center.
3. Biloxi Shrimping Trip has made #BigShrimpin an everyday Coastal Mississippi term of endearment. Learn about the shrimping process and have a lot of fun on their popular sailings from Biloxi Small Craft Harbor.
4. Learn about the Biloxi Wade-In Civil Rights protests at the exhibit on the beach near the Biloxi Lighthouse and just east of Biloxi Lighthouse Pier.
5. Take fun Coastal Mississippi selfies in the giant shark mouth at Sharkheads and the oversized gator mouth at Souvenir City.
6. Stroll the West Biloxi Beach Boardwalk. The half-mile raised walkway, behind Sharkheads, is a splendid site to see spectacular Gulf coast sunsets.
7. Be awed by the Frank Gehry-designed funky silver buildings of Ohr-O’Keefe Museum. Inside the museum, explore the collections of George Ohr pottery and other Coastal Mississippi art exhibits.
8. See the colorful mural (pictured as the first image above) on the side of the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum then visit the museum and learn about the prominent local seafood history. Highlights include the shrimp peeling machine, wooden boat models and full size Nydia schooner, and Hurricane history gallery.
9. Order some smothered, capped, peppered, and scattered hash browns at the world’s most expensive Waffle House. After Hurricane Katrina, the Biloxi Waffle House at 618 Beach Blvd was rebuilt at a hefty price tag to conform to revised safety protocol standards. .
10. Visit the poignant Hurricane Camille Memorial—next to the above Waffle House—and then stroll five minutes to the Hurricane Katrina Memorial on Biloxi Town Green. While here, stroll Biloxi Downtown and visit some of the locally owned small businesses, stores, and art galleries.
11. Learn about the vibrant history of Mardi Gras in Coastal Mississippi at Coastal Mississippi Mardi Gras Museum.
12. Stroll the grounds of Old Biloxi Cemetery and observe the fascinating burial art dating back to the 1800’s. George Ohr, the “Mad Potter of Biloxi,” is among the notable Biloxi residents buried here. There is also a Biloxi National Cemetery nearby for US military veterans.
13. Get your vertical steps in by walking the Biloxi Bay Bridge from Point Cadet (Golden Nugget parking lot). Sunrise views are amazing from the highest spot or walk 1.6 miles (one way) to the Ocean Springs side and enjoy the incredible mosaic mural.
14. Watch a Biloxi Shuckers baseball game at beautiful MGM Park, across the street from Beau Rivage.
15. Relax on a sunset dinner cruise on Betsy Ann Riverboat, the only operating paddlewheel boat in Mississippi.
16. Embark on a sightseeing, sunset, after hours, or private tiki cruise with Twisted Tiki Cruises.
17. Kayaking is a great way to explore the waters around Biloxi. On fun liquid road trip is from Biloxi to Deer Island and back. See our article: Complete Guide to Kayaking in Mississippi on the Gulf Coast
McCool Travel tip: Buy the Coastal Mississippi Attractions Pass to save money when visiting several Biloxi museums and attractions The pass is available online here.
Our Favorite Best Biloxi Restaurants
19. Try a Coastal Mississippi/Asian fusion po’ boy on Vietnamese-style French bread at Le Bakery Cafe. I can tell you the coconut curry chicken version is magnificent and I cannot wait to try more.
20. A perfect breakfast spot is Le Cafe Beignet, with smaller dining rooms and alcoves set in a classic library building. Their outstanding shrimp and grits AND BEIGNETS will provide sustenance to power you through the day. Or until lunch!
21. For waterfront dining and a lively atmosphere, visit Lucy’s Retired Surfer Bar or The Blind Tiger.
22. Bask in the glory of the “2,000 year old” oak tree outside Mary Mahoney’s. Try their extremely popular gumbo.
See other Biloxi restaurants: 71+ Sensational Mississippi Gulf Coast Restaurants in Coastal Mississippi
Some of the Best Places to Stay in Biloxi Mississippi
23. Beau Rivage is one of our favorite US Gulf Coast hotels and the public areas are especially gorgeous at Christmas time. Ask for a room on the highest possible floor at enjoy epic sunrises or sunsets (depending on which side you are on).
24. Margaritaville Biloxi Resort was the first Margaritaville Resort property opened by hometown hero Jimmy Buffett (he was born in nearby Pascagoula). Enjoy the 5th floor pool area overlooking Biloxi Beach and the Gulf of Mexico. Have fun in the Game Center, featuring a five-story climbing wall and the world’s largest PAC-MAN.
25. Try your luck at other Biloxi casinos, including Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Harrah’s Gulf Coast, Golden Nugget, Palace Casino Resort, IP Casino Resort, and Treasure Bay Casino. I particularly love the giant guitar in front of Hard Rock.
Check current rates and availably for our favorite best Biloxi hotels:
- Margaritaville Resort Biloxi
- Beau Rivage Biloxi
- DoubleTree Biloxi
- Hotel Legends Biloxi (all suite hotel)
- Hard Rock Hotel Biloxi
- White House Hotel Biloxi
- South Beach Biloxi Hotel
- Hyatt Place Biloxi (reliable chain hotel for me)
For places to stay in other Coastal Mississippi towns, see Mississippi Gulf Coast Hotels: Fun Lodging Along the Mississippi Coast
See also our other articles about things to do in Coastal Mississippi:
- 51+ Coastal Mississippi Hidden Gems on The Secret Coast
- Fun Things To Do On The Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Margaritaville Resort Biloxi: Fun Lodging Along the Mississippi Coast
- 71+ Sensational Mississippi Gulf Coast Restaurants in Coastal Mississippi
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Hotels: Fun Lodging Along the Mississippi Coast